A task is a work that is assigned to a shift or a process. Standard Tasks (function like a stamp that users can schedule repeatedly for different shifts) and Planned Tasks (doesn’t have an exact completion date yet; therefore, it’s not a scheduled task but is rather planned to be completed in the future) can be grouped by the same subject. Grouping can be done in several ways and this guide explains how you can accomplish this.
Info!For more information about tasks see the "What is the difference between scheduled task, standard task and planned task?" FAQ article.
This guide provides instructions on how to:
- Dragging & Dropping Tasks Between Groups
- Editing Group Field for Tasks
- Assigning Tasks for New Groups
1. Click on the Planning Board icon
Info!If you like to create a new group for a new Standard Task please see the "How to Add a Standard Task" article before reading further.
Dragging & Dropping Tasks Between Groups
1. Drag the task (Standard or Planned Task) from its group and drop it to the another group on the Planning Board
The task appears in the different group.
Editing Group Field for Tasks
1. Double click on the task. This opens the Edit Standard Task form or the Edit Planned Task form
2. Click into the group name and delete it. Enter the new group name. Click OK
Assign Tasks for New Groups
1. Right click on the task and click Assign to the new group
2. Enter group name
3. Task appears in the new group